Bad news for Southern Belles: More than half of Self magazine's Top 10 Unhealthiest Cities for Women are below the Mason Dixon Line. Other cities on the list are Detroit and Las Vegas.
Here are the Top 10 cities and what tipped the unhealthy scales:
1. Tulsa, Oklahoma: "Poor habits, high disease risk and life expectancy is falling."
2. Jackson, Mississippi: "Fewer reproductive rights, twice the STDs. Coincidence?"
3. Detroit, Michigan: "High rate of heart disease."
4. Louisville, Kentucky: "Nearly one in four women smoke."
5. St. Louis, Missouri: "Living here raises your risk for crime and car fatalities."
6. Little Rock, Arkansas: "Lots of allergies and migraines."
7. Memphis, Tennessee: "Obesity might contribute to high disease rates among women."
8. Birmingham, Alabama: "Almost nobody walks or bikes to work."
9. Las Vegas, Nevada: "One in five women skipped medical care last year due to cost."
10. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: "There are 835 fast food joints!"