Hey everybody! I'm glad to be back visiting with you on a daily basis. If you've ever listened to Mid Ohio's Country WNCO, then we're probably already friends. If not , let me introduce myself. I'm Matt Appleby, a Lexington native and Ashland High School graduate who's been on the air in mid Ohio since the winter of 1980. And yes that is my real name (who'd make that up?) My wife Kelly and I make our home in Mansfield and our daughter Sara is out on her own working as a case manager RN for a home health care agency. And while this is my first opportunity to DJ on Y105, I have been a fan of this station for a long time and I love the music. I'd be glad to have you as a Facebook friend, too. Thanks for tuning in weeknights on Y105!
Here’s a rundown of the five biggest reasons the NCAA men’s basketball playoffs are so entertaining:
1. Big Stage Nerves – It’s important to remember, these guys aren’t pros. They’re just college kids.
2. Pure Emotion – Most players in this tournament know they aren’t ever going pro. This is as big as it gets for them and they leave it all out on the floor.
3. Cheerleaders – Is it any wonder why nearly every commercial cutaway includes a shot of one of the team’s cheerleaders? Networks want you to stay tuned – and know how to make that happen.
4. The Ridiculous Nicknames/Mascots – What’s a Tarheel? Or a Sooner? Or a Hoosier? It really doesn’t matter, does it?
5. Office Pools – The games are nearly impossible to handicap, so practically anyone can pick the winners. And when you’ve got money on the line, every game becomes exciting. (TheSmokingJacket.com)